Cinnamon Coconut Sweet Potato Chips
Dehydrated sweet potato chips are a great low glycemic complex carbohydrate that is delicous and easy to make. Life get's busy so having a quick, healthy, delicous snack that lasts for several months without refrigeration and longer if stored in the freezer makes life on the go much simpler.
This recipe can be modified to personal taste.
- Pre-Heat your standard oven to 350 degrees
- Wash then bake sweet potatoes with the skin onin your standard oven until the sweet potato is no longer firm but is also not soft.
- Allow the sweet potato to cool
- Peel the skin from the sweet potatoes
- Using a mandolin slice the sweet potato evenly
- Lay the sweet potato out on the food dehydrator mesh trays keeping enough space so that they do not touch.
- Top the sweet potato with unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon, coconut sugar or other raw sugar if desired
- Place the sweet potato trays in the food dehydrator at 125 degrees for up to 14 hours or until adequately dry